Transpower is the owner and operator of the National Grid – the high voltage transmission network made up of lines and substations connecting areas of electricity generation with towns and cities across New Zealand.Our customers are the distributors, generators and large industrial companies who directly connect to the Grid.
We are committed to engaging effectively with our customers, involving them early in our thinking, working proactively and collaboratively to understand their businesses, and to developing and supplying grid connection and other services that:
- meet our customers' and Transpower's needs now and that evolve to meet emerging needs
- deliver value, efficiently matching our infrastructure to need over time
- achieve our respective business objectives and sustain our social licenses to operate
- play an active role in enabling New Zealand's energy future through electrification of transport and process heat and the addition of new renewable generation
- and in this way support our strategy, Transmission Tomorrow, to enable decarbonisation of New Zealand's economy as set out in Whakamana i Te Mauri Hiko and in line with Climate Change Commission targets.
We have developed measures and targets for our service performance as set out in our Customer Engagement Plan, to help us provide a more efficient and valuable service to our customers.
Please contact the Head of Customer and Commercial on 04 590 8764 to provide feedback on our services.