Burn-offs on rural properties

Burning crop off-cuts or stubble is occasionally carried out on rural properties. If you are planning on doing this within 100m of Transpower’s lines and have the necessary permits, please let us know by calling your Landowner Liaison Advisor.

Generally, smoke and high voltage transmission lines are not a good match, so it’s helpful if we’re made aware of a burn-off.


PLEASE NOTE: in Canterbury (where this is a requirement in ECan’s Regional Plan) this notification to Transpower suffices in terms of obtaining our approval. 

See if your property is within 100 metres of our assets

Enter your address in the interactive map to explore the burn-off zone boundaries https://transpower.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=89c14d8fb49749a899548bad1296b896