We have produced a number of publications designed to:
- assist you to keep safe when working or playing around our transmission lines.
- assist you to understand our work on or over your property
Transpower is committed to complying with the Privacy Act 2020 for all personal information.
- Landowner Information Sheet Privacy.pdf [ pdf 100.14 KB ]
This guide is to help you plan your work around Transpower transmission lines. This guidance can be used by any grower wanting to build crop structures around Transpower lines.
- Kiwifruit growers guide (digital) [ pdf 3.11 MB ]
A best practice guide on the management of trees around transmission lines.
- Best practice forest management.pdf [ pdf 590.72 KB ]
Flying near power lines is dangerous as the conductors (wires) can be difficult to see.
- Helicopter user near transmission lines [ pdf 513.59 KB ]
In the rare event of a lightning strike or fault on the transmission line, towers or poles may transfer high voltage and dangerous currents into the ground for a very short instant.
- Earth Potential Rise Info Sheet.pdf [ pdf 1.46 MB ]
This information sheet provides important information on Mycoplasma bovis and best practice measures in its containment.
- Mycoplasma Bovis Information Sheet [ pdf 577.9 KB ]
- Auckland Strategy Foundation document.pdf [ pdf 10.33 MB ]
This information sheet details Transpower's measures around biosecurity.
- Biosecurity Information Sheet [ pdf 636.53 KB ]
This factsheet provides information on the issues surrounding the growing and harvesting of forestry near transmission lines.
- Plantation Forestry Information Sheet [ pdf 693.27 KB ]
The Electricity Code of Practice provides minimum approach distances in and around transmission structures and conductors. These diagrams provide quick guidance and reference on minimum approach