Established in 2018, our Consumer Advisory Panel creates a forum for open and ongoing dialogue with representatives of New Zealand's diverse electricity consumers.
We believe the Consumer Advisory Panel builds closer ties with our communities and helps us to become better aligned with electricity consumer needs and interests. We are committed to open, honest and meaningful engagement to see us change the way we do some things.
- Strengthen Transpower’s connection and trust with our consumers
- Seek and listen to alternate views on our expenditure, operating processes and service priorities
- Gain an understanding of consumers’ long-term interests and better integrate these into our business planning.
Our Consumer Advisory Panel
Our Panel helps us to better understand the needs, issues and opportunities for New Zealanders as the country transitions to a low-carbon economy.
The Panel bring together a broad and diverse group of people who represent all aspects of society, including those on lower incomes. It acts as an independent advisory body providing us with advice on a range of issues and opportunities.
Information about our Panel members can be viewed here: Consumer Advisory Panel [ pdf 160.37 KB ]
|Fiona Gower||Rural Women NZ|
|Hinemaua Rikirangi||Independent Māori view|
|Tina Schirr||Executive Director, BusinessNZ Energy Council|
|Dr. Paul Smith||Head of Product Testing, Consumer NZ|
|Andrew Mitchell||Financial Advisor, The Salvation Army|
|Summer Campbell||Generation Zero|
|Karen Billings-Jensen||Age Concern|
|Marilyn Hunt||Independent Facilitator|
Our engagement promise
Read more about our engagement promise [ pdf 185.07 KB ] to those on our Consumer Advisory Panel.
|Location||2022 meeting dates|
Transpower's Wellington office:
Waikoukou, 22 Boulcott St, Wellington
- March 2022 [ pdf 510.04 KB ]
- November 2021 [ pdf 659.11 KB ]
- September 2021 [ pdf 658.67 KB ]
- June 2021 [ pdf 639.06 KB ]
- March 2021 [ pdf 404.49 KB ]
- November 2020 [ pdf 428.16 KB ]
- September 2020 [ pdf 478.66 KB ]
- June 2020 [ pdf 480.06 KB ]
- March 2020 [ pdf 244.83 KB ]
- November 2019 [ pdf 131.25 KB ]
- August 2019 [ pdf 154.15 KB ]
- July 2019 [ pdf 117.45 KB ]