An ACS is an enduring schedule of information and parameters about assets connected to the power system. It includes capability and operational limitation information that applies to specific assets during normal and abnormal conditions which may arise on the grid.
Generators are obliged to complete a relevant ACS whenever they commission/decommission or modify their assets by submitting/updating the information directly into the ACS application in the Operations Customer Portal. Distributor and Grid Owners are to submit the relevant spreadsheet as linked below by email to the System Operator.
To get a better understanding of the general asset capability information requirements and the data fields that are of specific interest to the System Operator before you complete an ACS, refer to the Asset Capability Information Overview and ACS template under Related Documents.
Submitting an ACS
Formal submission of a Asset Owner ACS must be completed in the ACS application on the Operations Customer Portal. Distributors will continue to submit their ACS by completing the Distributor ACS template and emailing the spreadsheet with all required information and any applicable diagrams and drawings attached (in pdf format) to the System Operator at email@example.com.
- North Island Automatic Under-Frequency Load Shedding (AUFLS) providers will need to submit their AUFLS load profile data through the AUFLS application on the Operations Customer Portal.
Urgent Asset Capability Changes
An Asset Owner may need to urgently or temporarily change an asset capability when they:
- unexpectedly become aware that the capability of an asset may differ from the capability described in the most recent ACS that has been provided to the System Operator; and
- determine it is not practicable to submit a new ACS; and
- need to perform further investigations to determine or confirm the actual capability of the asset.
The following steps are to be taken by the Asset Owner once the asset capability change has been identified:
- Verbally notify the Energy Co-ordinator on 0800 535 123
- Download and complete the Urgent Asset Capability Change Form [ dotx 66.08 KB ] ( soft copy of the template is available below) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The asset capability information provided on the Urgent Asset Capability Change Form is a temporary asset capability change and is only valid for the duration notified on the submitted form. Asset Capability information will revert back to the formally advised ACS information once the duration on the submitted form has passed.
- For temporary changes longer than one week a formal change to the ACS must be submitted via the ACS application in the Operations Customer Portal.
ACS Application Training Videos
The legacy ACS database has been replaced by a new ACS application in the Operations Customer Portal. We have prepared a set of videos which show how to use the new ACS application. This set of videos is available here.
If you have any queries about completing an ACS or submitting a completed ACS, please contact us at email@example.com.
|ACS General Overview|
|GL-EA-959 Asset Capability Information Overview [ pdf 305.53 KB ]||This document defines the requirements of Asset Capability Information required by Transpower as System Operator under the Electricity Industry Participation Codes.|
|ACS Operations Customer Portal – User Guides, FAQs, Forms and Templates|
|UG-SD-961 ACS Customer Portal User Guide for Asset Owners [ pdf 2.52 MB ]||
A user guide for Asset Owners on how to use the ACS Customer Portal (a copy is also available in the portal itself).It also includes an overview of the field changes and/or additions in the new ACS application.
|ACS Customer Portal FAQs [ pdf 249.11 KB ]||A document that covers key messages and frequently asked questions relating to use of the ACS Customer Portal.|
|FM-EA-938 Operations Customer Portal Admin Users Form [ docx 91.15 KB ]||A form to be sent to the system operator to identify/setup admin users of applications hosted within the Operations Customer Portal|
|Generator ACS Template [ xlsx 31.08 KB ]||This excel sheet is provided as an example of the fields of interest to the System Operator. Formal submission of information must be completed by Asset Owners into the ACS application in the Operations Customer Portal.|
|Grid Owner ACS V2.0 [ xls 320 KB ]||This template is used by the Grid Owner when they need to submit a new ACS or changes to an existing ACS.|
|Distributor ACS Version 6.0 [ xlsm 131.96 KB ]||This template is used by the Distributor when they need to submit a new ACS or changes to an existing ACS.|
|FM-EA-011_Urgent Asset Capability Change Notice [ dotx 66.08 KB ]||This form is used when any urgent and temporary ACS changes are required.|